- Shrug the shoulders
- Look up and down
- Ear to shoulder
- Look to the side (look back, 后瞧) 4:th brocade in Ba Duan Jin.
- Bamboo bends in the wind
Stretch out rather than just bend to side.
- Rub the knees and squat
- Lift heels and toes. Distant relative to 8:th brocade in Ba Duan Jin
Very good exercise to strengthen the knees and improve balance.
- Circle the feet and shake the legs
- Monkey offers peach, push the clouds, tiger embrace head
- Turtle turns head
- Dragon roams in the clouds
- Swimming dragon
- Arch and bend the back
- Look behind the legs from side to side
- Turn to heaven with straight arms
Keep the spine straight and open the heart while turning.
- Hold up the heaven and bow to earth (hold the feet) 托天攀足
Hold up heaven stimulates the “Triple Warmer” and bow to earth strengthens the kidneys and waist according to Ba Duan Jin (this is combination of 1:st and 6:th brocade). Massage kidneys after each bend.
- Circle arms and open hips
Make sure knees are above the feet – misalignment could cause knee problems.
- White snake spits out tongue 白蛇吐信
Stretching the achilles and calf as well as the front thigh/hip.
- Eagle soars upward, bear stretches shoulders
When eagle sours upward the shoulder blades touch each other but chest is not protubing out. When bear stretches shoulders the shoulder blades move out but the back is not hunched.
- Pointing to heaven and transform earth (指天化地). Same as 3:rd brocade (双臂举) in Ba Duan Jin where it is said to especially stimulate the stomach.
- Remove the helmet from behind 脑后摘盔
90% weight on the standing leg.
- Draw the bow to shoot the vulture 开弓射雕. 2:nd brocade in Ba Duan Jin where it is said to exercise the waist area, focusing on the kidneys and spleen.
- Forward bend with lifted toe
Keep the spine straight. The chin is longing for the toes.
- Sway the head and wiggle the tail 摇头摆尾. 5:th brocade in Ba Duan Jin where it is said to regulate the function of the heart and lungs. Its primary aim is to remove excess heat (or fire) (xin huo) from the heart. Dont move the legs up and down but stand firmly. Hands are only resting gently on each knee – dont use the hands to aid the movement.
- Monkey turns around 原猴转身
Be very careful not to twist the knees and to keep a straight vertical line between hip and shoulder.
- Iron crutch Li admires the moon 拐李望月
Look slightly upward and open the front side of the body.
- Massage the shoulders
- Tap arms and legs
- Large heavenly circulation 大周天
A video with most of the movements below: